Ireland Brown Constructions were engaged in the fitout of 13 new Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds including the required clinical support, storage, point of care bay and Biomedical engineering areas all in the original ICU space;
- Construction of two new lift shafts on the west side of Building A with one patient lift (to accommodate bariatric patients) connecting ICU (First Floor) to the Emergency Department (ED) and Radiological Services (both Ground Floor);
- Modifications to the ED Administration area on the Ground Floor to accommodate the new lift shafts;
- Refurbishment of the existing Dialysis and office areas adjacent the ICU for a future interventional cardiology service on site including two catheterisation rooms but excluding equipment;
- Establishment of an interventional cardiology service.
- Construction and fit-out of the Server Rooms, Control Room and two Cath Labs.