City of Greater Dandenong
Currie & Brown
June 2018 – July 2020
The transformation of the existing Springvale Municipal offices at 397-405 Springvale Road is to commence mid-June 2018 with the second stage. Ireland Brown Constructions are excited to form part of a successful delivery by mid-2020. The intent is to provide a vibrant meeting place with world-class community facilities and flowing landscapes representing Springvale’s multicultural diversity.
The construction of the new community hub will encompass sustainable features and is targeting a 5 Star Green Star Rating and Zero Net Carbon Emissions through design features such as a high-performance façade, efficient heating and cooling systems, photo voltaic arrays and low energy LED lighting.
The main aspects of the redevelopment will include:
- Demolition of the existing buildings
- Two storey community hub building comprising library, flexible community meeting spaces, customer service, exhibition area and café
- New landscaping and open space areas
- New and distributed car park configuration and access roads
- Refurbishment and upgrade of the Supper Room in the existing Springvale Town Hall