|Project Name||Client||Superintendent||Value||Time Frame|
|Frankston Yacht Club||Frankston City Council||Frankston City Council||$10 Million||November 2014 - March 2016|
|Frankston Yacht Club|
|Client||Frankston City Council|
|Superintendent||Frankston City Council|
|Time Frame||November 2014 - March 2016|
Ireland Brown Constructions successfully completed the new Frankston Yacht Club for the City of Frankston. The construction consisted of the following elements;
- Demolition and disposal of the existing buildings, seawall structure, asbestos removal and all incidental works including existing services and construction of the new substation in readiness for the construction of the new facilities.
- Construction of a new seawall structure and beach boardwalk.
- Construction of a new boat shed, boat storage yard and access ramp.
- Construction of the main Yacht Club building which will house Yacht Club facilities and patrol boat storage, a leasable community space, public toilets, a ground floor café, first floor restaurant and function room, and second floor safety lookout / navigation room.
- Coordinate, liaise and manage all stakeholders and authorities including but not limited to Council, Department of Environment and Primary Industry, South East Melbourne Water, power, gas, sewer, and communication and gaining all necessary permits and approvals.
- Construction of a new road and car park layout incorporating WSUD features, new pedestrian paths, low retaining walls and public lighting.
- Undertake advanced tree and revegetation planting to further integrate the facility into the coastal environment.
Environmental Management Systems were in place to protect the sensitive foreshore environment as well as adhering to the various requirements from federal, state and local government regulatory body’s requirements.
**Photo Credit to Steve Brown for the Aerial Shot